25 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!
Isn’t this post timely? I mean, relating to last week’s post where I revealed that I am a tomboy (for those who don’t know me personally) I thought I should extend that into today’s post and tell you guys more about myself. One of my unspoken mini resolutions for this new blogging year is to be a bit more personal here. It’s easy to get swept up with cute outfits and style inspirations without mentioning about myself and I think it’s about time. I love learning a little more about the ladies behind my favorite blogs, so I’m hoping that you’ll enjoy reading these little facts about me too! Without further ado…
- I’m a tomboy. (Read more about it from last week’s post here). And I’m Straight. (Trust me there’s a reason I mentioned that).
- I am a Mother. Ikr! Most people don’t believe it but well. My daughter is a big girl now (will reveal her here one day), that it takes a lot to convince people that she’s actually mine, which I don’t do, because bottom line is, she’s mine. Take it or leave it!
- I’m a Luhya. Most people think I’m Taita, Giriama or Kikuyu. Again, it takes a lot to convince people that I’m a luhya unlike when I say I’m a Swahili, which they quickly accept with no questions.
- I was in the military (KDF under Kenya Navy) and served my country for 7years! Yes, I’m a tough one and a baddie for that matter. *wink*
- Currently, I’m a GMDSS Operator. That’s my job designation. There’s no layman’s language for that but it’s basically under Maritime department which has everything to do with Marine Environment. Also, I have never worked an 8am-5pm job in my life. I’m always working in shifts, day and night, both my previous and current job.
- I love to be unique. And as fate has it, I am unique. From my job, lifestyle, style, personality….most of my things are just unique. Like I have both Muslim (Fatuma) and Christian (Repha) names, See!
- I’m not really a hair person. I don’t know weave/wigs or anything related to hair lol! This blogging journey is making me learn a little bit about them but issa struggle mehn! Like sometimes I just don’t know what hairstyle to put on. I rely on my Bff to tell me what to go for all the time and she’s really good at it. Thumbs up Zoe.
- I have the WORST diet. I eat whatever my cravings demands, and that’s not junk. Like I can eat Githeri for a week straight up, without getting bored with it, then one day the cravings stop and I’ll hop to the next meal. Like now I’m obsessing over sautéed spinach and scrambled eggs in sautéed onions and I can have that for breakfast as I Netflix and chill.
- I don’t like eating fruits. I don’t know why but I guess it’s genetic since I have an Aunt who doesn’t take fruits at all, at all. My daughter too doesn’t like them, though she’s a fan of mangoes.
- I’m a huge lover of vegetables! Both Sukuma wiki and the traditional ones, which make me love Ugali. My favorite meal is Ugali and Vegetables. I can eat that meal 24/7/365 days without getting bored with it, with or without beef, which again I’m not a fan of beef. I guess that explains why I have been able to stay lean over years now. Or at least.
- I’m addicted to buying Utensils. I live alone and I rarely have visitors but the number of utensils that I have, especially plates and mugs, God help. I just love to buy them then they end up in some cupboard or a carton somewhere and I’ll probably not see them in a year or even more. Some I send home, then later ask my mom where she got them. Hahahaha
- Same to clothes and shoes. I have some I bought last year and I haven’t worn them, even once, to date. They are just lying pretty in my closet.
- I used to dance a lot as a young’un up until two years back and my friends know me as a good dancer, but nowadays, I can barely shake a leg! (Not literally though) but I still got moves yoh! One day we were out clubbin’ with my friends and it happened to be Miss Mombasa 2013 competition and they called out for female dancing competition. So my friends literally pushed me to the podium to battle it out with the other female dancers and guess what, I won, just like that. I was awarded 1000/- (10$) bob and it felt so nice!
- I don’t DRINK. Contrary to what people think of me, they always don’t believe that I don’t drink. Not even wine or soft drinks. I only drink TEA, milkshakes and fresh juice sometimes. Even at the club!
- I’m so laid back that I’m practically lying down typing all these facts, lol. It takes a lot to bother me, and I’m often heard saying “it doesn’t matter or I don’t care!”
- I’m rubbish at anything political, and have always been that way. I don’t know no politics. Weird right?
- I totally do mind mornings, because I LOVE sleep. If you want to be my enemy, wake me up and I’ll be done with you. Even Bae understands that well. Unless, it’s something important that cannot wait till later. That also explains why I get to work late most of the times, of which later, you’ll definitely find me dozing off. My day has power nap time scheduled in it otherwise I will be a walking zombie. I never get tired of sleeping. My bed time is usually before 9pm and the earliest I can wake up is 8.30am, when I’m not going to work.
- My ideal chill day is one in front of the TV, with the usual Netflix and a home cooked meal. I love to cook so it’s not a biggie. Also, I’ll be trying out Gordon Ramsy’s recipes to baking JoyBell’s cake recipes or just watching cooking shows on Youtube, which explains why I have a very bad social life at the moment. Adulting is hard.
- I don’t really have an accent, but my twang does pop up every now and then when need be, lol.
- I rarely say “Sorry” but I mean it when I say it.
- I have never played Angry Birds, or Candy Crush, or Pokémon GO, or whatever. And I’ve no idea about how it looks or what it means to others. In fact, I don’t have a single gaming app on my phone or PC. Also, I haven’t watched GoT and Breaking Bad. I think I’m one of the few millennials who doesn’t find anything interesting about them.
- I think and overthink about almost everything. And I can easily spend countless hours doing nothing but thinking.
- Sometimes I’m motivated and sometimes I’m not. And it really depends upon the five Ws — Who, What, When, Where, or Why.
- I’m such a don’t care that I honestly don’t care!
- And yeah, I love being me. . I believe things happen for a reason so I don’t really question why because I know God knows why.
Now you have an idea of who I am, lol. Nothing fancy at all, just a girl living her life the best way she knows how, and how she wants to! Simple!
ION: How cute is this DIY off-shoulder top that I wore on this blog post here! Actually, it’s a shirt dress that I wore on a blog post here and I thought it was cute to style it this way since they are all rage now and pair it with jeans and accessorize with a fancy choker! Easy right? Until the next post, see you! XO! ♥